Noblis Proposal Manager in Reston, Virginia
Must be a highly effective proposal manager responsible for delivering compelling, compliant, and on-time proposals.
Possess leadership and organization skills – assertive with the ability to effectively lead a diverse team of professionals spanning scientific disciplines, organizations, and experiences to a successful proposal. The proposal manager must be a leader who drives and controls a proposal effort, effectively owning the entire proposal effort.
Able to handle multiple proposals or tasks simultaneously.
Coordinate proposal team resources, delivery schedules, outlines, and compliance matrixes.
Ensure that strategy, themes, and discriminators developed by the Capture Team are reflected in the proposal.
Allocate and direct proposal resources for best outcome.
Work across the company and collaborate for results.
Lead, motivate, communicate, and confidently direct proposal teams.
Have knowledge of Noblis capabilities and points of contacts for leverage.
Work with BD and Strategy teams across the company and Proposal Resource Center team to ensure proposal planning efforts are organized and proposals are of the highest quality.
Responsible for post-submission activities like lessons learned, process assessment, BAFO, and document management.
Provide timely and immediate feedback to BD management.
As a Senior Proposal Manager, the following responsibilities are also required:
Mentor and grow other proposal managers providing them with standardized Noblis process and tool training, just-in-time training/mentoring on proposal efforts, and increasingly more complex assignments.
Oversee and work directly with contracts, pricing, consultants, and other functions on Noblis critical opportunities.
Organize and provide proposal process and on-demand training and mentoring of Noblis employees and proposal teams.
Be responsible for structure and direction of the Noblis proposal development process, in line with management requirements, goals, and direction.
• Minimum 8 years professional experience in Federal contracting business
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience as a Proposal Manager, or in a proposal management leadership role
• Bachelor's degree at a minimum; degree or additional experience in technical discipline, English, business development, marketing, communications is a plus
• Strong personnel management skills
• Experience with a mainstream capture and proposal methodology (e.g. Shipley)
• Ability to use MS Office, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with publication quality printing and production equipment
• Top Security Clearance required
• APMP Practitioner or Professional Certification desired
• Experience managing Proposal Operations: managing staff, budget planning, assigning workload, monitoring progress, and other operations functions
• TS/SCI is desirable
Manage proposal development for assigned proposals in coordination with Noblis Mission Areas to ensure delivery of compelling, compliant proposals in a cost-effective manner; facilitate and participate in the proposal review process to verify compliance with Noblis proposal process and RFP schedule; ensure efficient use of proposal resources. In addition, use and suggest appropriate changes to the Noblis proposal process, templates, checklists, standard write-ups, tools, and proposal repository; conduct compliance checks and provide related process training and required skills training to the Mission Area and Account proposal teams. This position requires the ability to have a flexible schedule, extreme organization skills, and the ability to maintain order and attention to detail through fast-paced delivery schedules with a variety of internal team members.
Requisition # 6053
Reg/Temp Regular Employee
Security Clearance Top Secret
FT/PT/On-Call Full Time
Job Category Business Development